Household, real estate, animal and property insurances

Advice we provide

Real estate insurance

Real estate insurance policies are taken by housing corporations (condominiums) covering the buildings and technical building services of the housing or real estate company. The insurance normally covers the structures for which the housing corporation carries the maintenance liability.

The real estate insurance does not cover damages to the residents’ movable property or costs for temporary residence, for example, in cases of fire. Such expenses incurred by the residents can be compensated by their personal home insurance.

The real estate insurance is a contract signed by the housing corporation, and it can be managed by persons who are entitled to act on behalf of the housing corporation. For example, they can file loss notifications. Normally, individual condominium owners cannot manage real estate insurance contracts.