You can contact FINE by calling our advice services, filling in the contact form in the web or sending a signed form by conventional mail or email.
Call services are available
from Monday to Thursday between 10 and 16
tel. +358 9 6850 120
The advice per phone is free of charge. Finnish network charge (pvm) will be applied if you use the land line or the cell phone charge (mpm) if you use your mobile phone.
Contact through the web form
You can also contact the advice services by using the web form.
To use the form, you need to identify yourself with your netbank user ID and code. If necessary, you can attach files to the web form. Please attach all files in the same message. Once you have sent the form, you can print and/or save the form for your records.
Contact by mail or email
You can also contact the advice services by mail. Please print the contact form, fill it in carefully and send it, duly signed, to:
The Finnish Financial Ombudsman Bureau
You can also write a free-form letter, sign and send it to us. Please check that the details mention in: ‘Before contacting FINE’ are included in the letter.
For short and simple questions, you can also contact FINE by email. Send your questions to: info(at)fine.fi
Before contacting FINE
To facilitate and speed up the process, please check the following before you first contact FINE.
- Service or decision is concerned.
- Which service provider (insurance company, bank or other investment service company) is involved?
- In insurance issues:
- The type of insurance policy concerned (e.g., private or work-related accident, home insurance or general liability insurance)
- The insurance company decision concerned.
- The claims number issued by the insurance company and the date of the decision on the claim (normally printed in the decision in question).
- The instructions for appeal you have received. The time for appeal may be short.
- In banking and securities issues:
- What is the reason for your contact?
- If it is about a disagreement, what is the service provider's stand in the case?
- What would you like FINE to do in the issue?
- If you wish to have help to clarify an issue regarding a third person, you will always need a power of attorney from that person.
- If you take written contact, please include detailed contact data so that you can be reached during office hours. Please do not send any original receipts, repair or medical invoices or similar to FINE. Keep them for eventual later needs or, if it is a question of medical expenses, for a claim to be submitted to Kela.
- When contacting FINE by mail or email, it would be advisable to attach a copy of the decision or reply you have received from the service provider.
No legal counsel is needed
The contact with FINE does not call for an attorney, such as a legal aid counsel.
However, if you wish to have an attorney, you must always provide him or her with a power of attorney. The power of attorney is necessary because the stipulations contained in the legislation covering financial companies regarding the confidentiality liability of the persons operating in the field also apply to the FINE personnel, Boards and experts employed by them. Due to these stipulations, the attorney cannot receive any information on an individual issue before they present their power of attorney.
As regards the handling of personal customer data, please see the description of the personal data file, the Personal Data Act (523/99), Section 10.
Please print and fill in the FINE contact form here. Do not forget your signature!